Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Brazil











I just recently went on two trips. The first one was down to Brazil, and second was to Panama. Brazil is one of places in the world I really wanted to check out. I went down there for a mega ramp contest with the whole mega crew. It was Danny Way, Jake Brown, Bob Burnquist, Andy Mac, Adam Taylor, Buster Halterman, and me. There was also a bunch of Brazilian vert skaters down there trying to jump the mega - Sandro Dias and Lincon Ueda just to name a few.

We were down there for a week, and Danny Way ended up hurting himself the first day of practice and he couldn't skate the rest of the time we were there. He jumped the 70 foot gap and came up short landing on the flat of the landing right before the knuckle, hurting his back and neck pretty bad. I had a rolled ankle so I didn't even skate till that Friday- the day before the contest started.

Saturday was the prelims. Jake, Bob, and Danny were already pre-qualified for the finals so they were going to take 3 more people to the finals and make it 6, but Danny got hurt so they ended up taking 4.

The weather was bad that day. We got 2 tries and it started raining. I was happy though, because I had already made a run putting me in 3rd place. The finals were Bob, Jake, Andy, Buster, Adam, and me.

Finals day came and the weather was great, the crowd was stoked, and I felt good. I ended up falling on every run that day, 6 tries and I didn't make one! I ended up getting 5th because Adam Taylor fell every time also, but I went off the 70 and he didn't, so I got more points on my first trick. I was pretty bummed, but it was a good fun time and I got to check out Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment